Unloading the truck is time consuming and hard and unpacking is well... it is fun but yet after everything else you just wish you could wave your magic wand and POOF! it's all done. I snapped a few photo's of our first few minutes and days in our new house. I am in the process of taking "AFTER" pictures so you can see what it looks like after I clean it all up but it is slow going.


The moment we got out of the car from our long drive Noah jumped out of the car and went straight to the DIRT! I was mortified!!!! I thought I could hold him off for a few minutes but I just couldn't do it. I almost had a heart attack but I had to let go while he had a blast as I thought
that does look like fun. Maddie joined in a few times but she was more into the swing. I'm pretty sure Paige was off chasing the neighbors dog Nugget.
Our entry way leading into the kitchen
Part of the living room
Our bed room (this is so messy)

The boys cowboy themed room

Girls room

Outside shed-worst part about the shed is it still looks this way only add all the boxes and bikes and the old fridge and recycling. We are hoping to clean it up this weekend. If Paul could have a huge room all to himself this is what it would look like thus he has no room to himself!

While I was in our house the first day the neighbor came over telling me Paul called to tell me there was a problem something to do with the entertainment stand. I knew it I said I knew he would drop it and I was sorta right. It has been moved a few too many times (it wasn't a great TV stand but it was one)and it just didn't make it. Here it is as it came off the truck-this was only part of it, it had two more pieces to it!
Here is Noah telling me how strong he is and is being a big helper.
In Dufur if you are lucky you will have a street sign. If you are really lucky you will have a normal street sign like the kind you see in most towns.
Most of the street signs are handmade-rumor has it from a boy scout who did his Eagle project. Anyway they are hard to see and not the greatest but here is ours!
Most of the street signs are handmade-rumor has it from a boy scout who did his Eagle project. Anyway they are hard to see and not the greatest but here is ours!Here is Maddie on the swing in the backyard and Noah in the wheelbarrow with Paul pushing it along in the front of our house.

That's it till I get some shots of the "AFTER" Could be a few weeks we have a few projects along the way
*Paul's garden-in process
*painting a few window frames-soon
*gardening-this weekend?
*Paul's chicken's (he wants chickens to save money on eggs-next it will be a cow and who knows what else he has up his sleeve)-unknown
Anyway for those who want to come visit I hope you do the invite is always open and if your on your way to Idaho or Utah stop by for a drink or something stretch your legs in Dufur :)
4 comments:
Hey, how are you guys? Are you coming into salem anytime soon? We miss you. I hope you're doing good!!!
Hey Jenny, good to hear from you! Thanks for indulging me and being the first to leave a comment on my post! It's fun to see your cute family--what beautiful kids :).
The site is shabbyapple.com. They're not super cheap, but they are cute and modest.
Dufur, HUh? How do you like it?? Looks like it is a great poece of property!! And hey it's Oregon... anyway you look at it it is not Utah, so it's better than here. Congrats on the new house!!!
Post a Comment