
Our neighbors have 4 horses and the kids just love it.










They all got to take a little ride around the neighborhood.










They all got to take a little ride around the neighborhood.

Katy my sister in law and I also got to take a little ride too with our neighbor Diana- it really wasn't so little. On memorial Day weekend we decided to go for a horse back ride. The horses were on a 20 acre lot so we drove there and stood at the bottom of the hill hoping the horses would come. After about 5 minutes she told us we were going to have to catch them. Lets just say Katy and I had no clue what we were getting ourselves into and this story is the short version. After walking up down, across and back and 40 minutes later we called in for reinforcements. Mike, Tom, Joel and Damon our neighbor hood boys came to help and after 2 hours we ended up corralling one and I got on him and then helped corral the other two. I felt like a real cowboy/ranch hand. I was galloping at full speed and praying I didn't fall off. It was fun.
We rode for another 2-3 hours and we were pooped to say the least. After 3 weeks I still had knots in my inner thighs. After the long horseback ride we then hiked to a remote part of Dufur and saw the most amazing waterfall-Sorry no pictures I didn't have it on me but next time I go I promise to take it. I felt like and Eagle looking down a canyon.
We rode for another 2-3 hours and we were pooped to say the least. After 3 weeks I still had knots in my inner thighs. After the long horseback ride we then hiked to a remote part of Dufur and saw the most amazing waterfall-Sorry no pictures I didn't have it on me but next time I go I promise to take it. I felt like and Eagle looking down a canyon. The joys of country living
No comments:
Post a Comment